Whidbey Island “FiberQuest for Yarn & More Event”
FiberQuest, a twice yearly fun filled event, provides the opportunity to visit participating Whidbey Island fiber filled Farm stores and Yarn shops from Clinton to Oak Harbor. At each Farm Store and Yarn Shop visited, not only can you view and purchase your fiber needs from a wide selection of product offerings, but also register for eligibility to win a fiber filled Gift Basket.
A map and directions to each location as well as details of the Event are posted on our web site months before each event.
–FiberQuest – Spring 2013 -
- View the two Gift Basket and three Gift Certificate winners when you click on FQ-Spring 2013 Winners
- Highlights of the Spring 2013 FiberQuest Event can be found at the Spring 2013 FiberQuest Event
- Click on FQ-May 2013 for a photo overview of FiberQuest at Paradise Found Fiber Farm
Past FiberQuest Yarn & More Highlights and Photographs
For information and details of the past Yarn & More events, take a look at these summary reports and plan on joining in the fun!
- The November 2012 Fall FiberQuest with a Twist Highlights and Photographs
- The May 2012 Spring FiberQuest Highlights and Photographs
- The November 2011 Fall FiberQuest Highlights and Photographs
- The May 2011 Spring FiberQuest Highlights and Photographs
- The November 2010 Fall FiberQuest Highlights and Photographs
Whidbey Island Fabulous Fall Fiber Sale – WIFFFS
Paradise Found Farm is home to the annual Whidbey Island Fabulous Fall Fiber Sale (or WIFFFS). During the sale (which takes place rain or shine), fiber producers from the Northwest offer fiber in fleece, roving, and handspun yarn from locally raised llamas, alpacas, goats, sheep, and other animals. They also offer quality handfelted, handwoven, and knitted garments; hats, scarves, shawls, and gloves in dyed and natural colors; Japanese kumihimo braiding; books, supplies, and class information. Throughout the day, there are demonstrations to watch, critters to visit, a reception tent to enjoy, and more.
–WIFFFS - Whidbey Island Fabulous Fall Fiber Sale will be September 14, 2013.
New this year: Free Classes. Stayed tuned for details. DETAILS ON FREE CLASSES can be found HERE!
This event is held here at PFFF and many vendors participate. The WIFFS Poster is now available!
Past WIFFFS Highlights and Photographs
For more information about what was available at past sales, take a look at these photo-rich reports:
- The 2012 Fiber Festival Highlights and Photographs
- The 2011 Fiber Festival Highlights and Photographs
- The 2010 Fiber Festival Highlights and Photographs
- The 2009 Fiber Festival Highlights and Photographs
- The 2008 Fiber Festival Highlights and Photographs
2013 Whidbey Island Farm Tour Update
–Paradise Found Fiber Farm will be part of the annual Whidbey Island Farm Tour participating on Saturday, September 21, 2013.
–Check out this link for details: http://www.whidbeyfarmtour.com/paradise-found-fiber-farm.html
Past Farm Tour Highlights
–April 23, 2013 Langley Alternative Middle School visit to Paradise Found Fiber Farm. Click on photo overview for visit highlights
Participated in the September 15/16 2012 Whidbey Island Farm Tour. See: http://www.whidbeyfarmtour.com/paradise-found-fiber-farm.html for details
2012 Greenbank Farm Agricultural Training Center [ GFATC ] Apprentices Visit Paradise
Waldorf School third graders visit the farm
In November of 2009, we had a wonderful visit by the third grade class from the Waldorf School, which is located just up the road from us. They teach the kids about fiber beginning in the first grade, and being a fiber person, that puts a big smile on my face. The kids fell in LOVE with the animals and the animals fell in LOVE with them. Here’s more information (including some photos) about the visit.
How to find us